Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ironic

An old man turned ninety-eight 
He won the lottery and died the next day 
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay 
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late 
Isn't it ironic ... don't you think 
It's like rain on your wedding day 
It's a free ride when you've already paid 
It's the good advice that you just didn't take 
Who would've thought ... it figures 
It's a traffic jam when you're already late 
It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break 
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
                                                            -IRONIC -- Alanis Morissett-
Just Like the song I started my year very Ironic.  I tried to fix all my short comings in my life -- studies, work and family.  I almost drop all my subjects since I was absent for almost a month and has lost my hope in passing it.  It was my classmates and friends who encourage me to pursue it.  So, I decided to continue my studies.  I planned that after my shift I will go to school and ask permission to my teachers for me to come in their class.   Before my shift ends, our TL(team lead) scolded us for our very low performance.  It never happened before since our team was the best performer ever!  He pointed that major problem of our team is our absenteeism and I was one the best agent for absenteeism.  He mentioned that if ever we're bored with our work (that's always my complaint) and tired, we should quit!  It strikes me to the boooonnneess talaga! TAGUS!
Well, I have to make it right!  So, I studied all the lessons that I missed in class (study to the max).  Memorize all the answer keys  so that I could pass for the prelim exam.  I went to my classmate's house to ask some notes.  We went to school together and I really felt that its day first day of class.  I was nervous and everything, just like a freshman going to his first day of class in college(feeler?).  Anyways I was able to study all the things I need and I was confident that I could answer all the questions.
And what can I say, I've wasted all my efforts.  No teachers were around, all I did was sit and chat with my classmates.  In short NO CLASS at all.  Its kinda sad that I've wasted my efforts of coming to school and studying for the exam.  One of my classmates said that why is it if I'm around there's no class and she even thank me for that. Haizt!  Isn't it ironic or what?  I didn't lose hope since my class will end at 7:00 o'clock.  So, I thought my programming teacher would come.  I've waited untill 6 pm but it was a bad idea!  NO CLASS. =(
I went home and took my rest.  I just said to myself that there's always a so called next time.  Then, I went to sleep and I really believe that was another bad idea.  I woke around 1 am and my shift starts at 9 pm.  Another AWOL!  My TL just pointed that no one should be absent anymore even a half day AWOL and I just did!  I went to work, embarrased.  My teamates look at me as if I am the most sinfull man on earth.  =( 
Now, I'm still trying to change but I hope that it would not be so ironic this time.  As what the song said "Life has a funny way of sneaking up on youLife has a funny, funny way of helping you out, Helping you out "  I believe that there's something good for me to come.

1 comment:

  1. sayup!
    if there's a will there's always a way!
    wahahahaha!
    excuses!

    ReplyDelete